Soal UAS Bahasa Inggris Kelas VII SMP (7) TA 2014/2015

 on Sunday, November 23, 2014  

Directions
In this part of the test, you will do some reading and answer questions about what you
have read. For the multiple-choice questions, you will mark your answers on the answer
sheet. CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER!

Dialogue for number 1-2
James  : Shane, could you take me home? I have a flat tire.
Shane  : ….1……………………
              Let’s go home with me.
James  : By the way, I don’t understand our Math homework.
              ….2………………...?
Shane : Oh sorry, I don’t really understand it, either..

 
 









1.        a. sorry I can’t                                                      c. I cannot
       b. I want to, but I’m in a hurry                            d. Sure
2.        a. What about you?                                              c.  Can you explain it to me?
       b. Can I help you?                                                d. Do you want some help?
3.    Mrs. Intan                        : Can you help me, please?
       Shop assistant      : …, What can I do for you?
       Mrs. Intan            : I want some cookies on the shelf but I can’t take them. Could you help me get them, please?
       Shop assistant      : Sure, Ma’am. Here you are.
a.         I am sorry, I don’t have time                        c. I don’t think I can
b.         Yes, Certainly                                               d. No, thanks I can do it by myself
4.    Sultan                   : ….?
       Mr. Abbas            : That would be great. Please, bring my bag!
       Sultan                   : OK, no problem.
       Mr. Abbas            : Oh, thank you very much.
       Sultan                   : You’re welcome
a. Would you like some help                                c. Would you mind helping me
b. Could you help me                                           d. Could you give me a hand
5.    Dian      : Could you give me a glass of tea ?
       Rifki      : ...., What else ?
       Dian      : No, that’s all. Thanks.
       Rifki      : Don’t mention it.        
a. Sorry, I can’t                                                    c. No, thanks, I can handle it
b. Certainly, not                                                   d. Yes, of course
6.    Mr. Andre                        : …., please?
       Welly                    : My pleasure! Here it is
       Mr. Andre                        : Thank you, Welly!
       Welly                    : You are welcome
a.  What can I do for you                                                c. Do you need my help
b.  Would you pass me the ruler                          d. Are you looking for the ruler





Dialogue for number 7-8
Andi    :Do you like smoking?
Budi    : …7…
Andi    :Why?
Budi    :Because it’s not good for our health.
              What about you?
Andi    : No, …8...
              I think it can cause air pollution.
 
 









7.        a. I’m fond of it               b.  I love it                   c.  I dislike it               d. I really like it

8.      a. I like it so much            b. I hate it                    c. I love it                    d. I’m fond of it

     Dialogue for number 9-10
Suzan  : Tomorrow is holiday; I want to go to go to a good place.
Helga   : What about going fishing to Toba Lake?
Suzan  : ….9...
              It is too far. What about going shopping to Matahari?
Helga   : ….10...
              I need new shoes. Okay, see you tomorrow.

 
 









9.      a. I think that’s nice                                             c. Hmm..Okay
b. Yes, I think you are you are right                    d. I think that’s not really good.
10.  a. Great!                                                               c. Shopping is not interesting
b. I think it’s boring                                             d. I hate shopping
11. Arini                     : Mom, I have a new friend. She lives around here.
        Mrs. Dermawan  : Does she? Where does she live?
        Arini                    : Only one block from here.
       Mrs. Dermawan   : What’s her name?
       Arini                     : Puspita.
       Mrs. Dermawan   : Puspita? Is she Mrs. Sinta’s daughter?
       Arini                     : ….
       Mrs. Dermawan   : What do you think of her?
       Arini                     : I think she is smart and friendly

       a. That’s right                                                       c. Sorry, I don’t know her
  b. I don’t believe it                                            d. No, I don’t think so
The text is for number 12-15

Kuta, February 14th, 2011

Dear Sally,
Hello, how are you, Sally? I hope you are fine. How is your school? Is it okay? We have never met since I moved to Bali in 2004. Wow! That’s a long time ago J
Sally, I really want to meet you. So, next holiday I will visit you in Jakarta. I will arrive in Soekarno Hatta airport at 4 pm. My parents and my sisters, Amy and Anne, will come with me.
I think that’s all for now. Can’t wait to see you. Cheers!

Love,

Joanne


 




  1. What is the purpose of the letter above?
a.        to tell a story                                            c. to invite someone
b.       to inform something                                 d. to describe something
  1. Who writes the letter?
a.        Sally                     b. Amy                        c. Anne                        d. Joanne
  1. How will Joanne go to Jakarta?
a.        by bus                   b. by plane                   c. by ship                     d. on foot
  1. “Is it okay?”. What does the italicized word refer to?
a.        Sally                     b. Joanne                     c. Sally’s school          d. The writer’s school

Read the text and answer questions 16 and 17


16.       Bahdim and Arif are Arman’s ….
a. grandfather                          b. grandchildren          c. sons                         d. brothers
17.       What is the name of Rahma’s son in law?
            a. Bahdim                                b. Arif                         c. Galih                        d. Rendy
18.              Look! Ariel and Luna Maya … on TV right now.
a.   is singing                             b. are singing               c. singing                     d. sing
19.              Change this sentence into its negative form!
“ The boys are playing football now”
a.    The boys are not playing football now                c. The boys not are playing football now
b.    The boys is not playing football now                   d. The boys not is playing football now
20. Read the notice below.
Rounded Rectangle: KEEP US GROW WELL 
DON’T PICK ME OUT





                
 KEEP US GROW WELL
DON’T PICK ME OUT



Where do you mostly find the notice?
a. In the zoo         b. in the playground                c. in the garden           d. in the parking area
The text is for number 21-25
Mr. Ahmad is a postman. Everyday he delivers many letters to many people. His wife, Mrs. Ahmad, is a Biology teacher. She teaches in SMP 1 Boyoagung. Mr. and Mrs. Ahmad have one son named Budi, and two twin daughters named Lila and Leli. Budi is in grade twelve, while Lila and Leli are still in grade ten. They study in the same school, in SMU Darmawangsa. Every holiday, Mr. Ahmad’s family always goes picnicking. Sometimes they go to a beach, a lake, or a garden. People love this family because Mr. Ahmad and his family are friendly people.

 
 










21.              What is being described on the text above?
a.   a family                                                       b. Mr. Ahmad
b.  Mr. Ahmad’s family                                   c. Mr. Ahmad’s holiday
22.              What is Mrs. Ahmad?
a.   A postman              b. A teacher                 c. A student                d. A housewife
23.              Where does Mr. Ahmad work?
a.   post office              b. police office            c. school                      d. bank
24.              They study in the same school, in SMU Darmawangsa”. What does the italicized word refer to?
a.       Budi                     b. Budi and Lila          c. Lila and Leli            d. Budi, Lila, and Leli
25.              “Everyday he delivers many letters to many people”. The underlined word is synonymous with the words below, except
    1. Sends              b. carries                      c. distributes                d. takes
For questions  26 to 29, read the text and then choose the best words to complete it
From    : Angga@rambo.net
To        : Risca@flamboyan.net
Subject            : my hobbies
Date    : Monday, February 14, 2011

Hi Risca,
I like ... (26) badminton, travelling, and ... (27) friends. But my favourite hobby is ... ( 28) to music. I like many kinds of music, for example hip-hop music, country music, and pop. So, If you want to ... (29) music information or song, e-mail me.

Angga
 
 












26. a. played                b.play                          c. plays            d. playing
27. a. showing             b.making                     c. having          d. doing
28. a. listens                b.to listening               c. listening       d. listened
29. a. exchange                       b.change                      c. return           d. take

untitledThe picture is for number30-31


30.              Look at the picture. D is …
a.        head
b.       neck
c.        finger
d.       ear

31.              Hip is shown with letter …
a.        B
b.       E
c.        G
d.       I

Read the text and answer questions 32 to 36

I live with my family. There are five people in my family who I really love.
My parents are Mr. and Mrs. Charley. My father runs a business in furniture and my mother is a teacher. I am the second child in my family. I have an elder brother and a younger sister. My brother, Irfan is seventeen years old and three years older than me. He is in the second grade of senior high. My sister, Agnes is ten years old. She studies at elementary school. Now, I am in the second grade of junior high school.
We are all different. My father and I are interested in swimming and playing badminton. We often go to swimming pool together. Irfan likes some sports very much. They are playing basketball, cycling, and jogging. My sister likes to paint and draw. We are a happy family.

32. What is the text about?
a. The writer                                                         c. The writer’s parents
b. The writer’s family                                           d. The writer’s hobby
33. How many children does Mr. Charley have?
a. two                   b. three                                    c. four                          d. five 
34. From the text we know that the writer is … years old.
a. twelve               b. thirteen                    c. fourteen                   d. fifteen

35. They are playing basketball, cycling, and jogging. (paragraph 3)
The word “they” refers to ….
a. Mr. Charley and the writer                   c. swimming and badminton  
b. painting and drawing                           d. some sports
36. My father and I are interested in swimming and playing badminton. (paragraph 3)
The underlined word has the same meaning with ….
a. likes                  b. dislike                      c. hate                          d. proud of
37.    That woman always … her mother every month
a.    Visit                 b. visits                        c. is visiting                 d. are visiting
38.    The negative form of “ The women visit her mother every month” is …
a.    The women does not visit her mother every month
b.    The women do not visit her mother every month
c.    The women is not visit her mother every month
d.   The women are not visit her mother every month
39.    Arrange the words into a good sentence
her - isprettyMiss Safirablack hairwith - short
 1     2        3              4                     5             6         7
a. 4 – 2 – 3 – 6 – 1 – 5 - 7                                    c.  4 – 2 – 7 – 6 – 1 – 5 - 3     
b. 4 – 2 – 3 – 6 – 1 – 7 - 5                                    d.  4 – 2 – 7 – 6 – 3 – 1 – 5
40. Arrange the jumbled sentences into a good paragraph

1.    We do everything together
2.    She lives near my house
3.    She is my best friend
4.    Julia is a girl of medium height and thin
5.    We go to the same school, and sits next to me
6.    She wears her hair in two plaits.

a.       4 – 6 – 3 – 5 – 2 – 1                                        c.  4 – 6 – 2 – 5 – 1 – 3          

b.      4 –  6  – 3  – 2  – 5 – 1                                                       d.  4 –  6 – 2  – 1 – 3    5
Soal UAS Bahasa Inggris Kelas VII SMP (7) TA 2014/2015 4.5 5 Hand Sunday, November 23, 2014 Directions In this part of the test, you will do some reading and answer questions about what you have read. For the multiple-choice qu...


No comments:

Post a Comment