Prediksi UAN SMP B Inggris & Kunci TA 2013/2014
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 1 – 3
The bell was ringing. It was time for Adi’s class to have Physics in the laboratory. They enjoy studying Physics in the laboratory. They have chances to use the apparatus like flashs, pippetes, test tubes, etc and to make simple experiments.
Adi was in the same group as Rita. They also wore white uniform – called a lab coat – like the others. They prepared the apparatus very carefully since they were made of glass. The teacher was distributing the work sheet when suddenly she heard a little scream. It was from Adi. He was not so careful that the test tube knocked on the table, broke a little and cut his finger. The teacher took care of him soon.
1. Who got a little accident?
b. The teacher
c. The girl
2. Why should the students be careful?
a. The apparatus is made of glass.
b. They have to do the experiments.
c. The uniform is white.
d. The apparatus is dangerous.
3. What does the passage tell us?
a. The carrying out of the laboratory experiment.
b. The busy and careless students in the classroom.
c. The preparation of Physics laboratory class.
d. The experiment of Physics class.
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 4 – 5
This is Mr. Haryono’s house. It is big, clean and comfortable. There is a garden in front of the house. There are some plants and flowers in the garden. There is a living room, a dining room, two bathrooms, a kitchen, three bedrooms and a garage.
Mr. Haryono has some pets, a dog, a cat, and a parrot. Mr. Haryono takes care of the pets very carefully.
4. Mr. Haryono takes care of the pets very carefully. (Line 5 and 6)
The underlined phrase has the same meaning as ….
a. looks after
b. keeps up
5. “There is a living room, a dining room, … and a garage.” (Line 3)
The underlined word means ….
a. a place for things
b. a room for a car
c. a place for vehicle
d. a room for guests
6. Which sentence has the correct punctuation?
a. Our boss, Mr. Baharudin, asked me to see him this morning.
b. Our boss Mr. Baharudin asked me to see him this morning.
c. Our boss Mr. Baharudin, asked me, to see him this morning.
d. Our boss, Mr. Baharudin asked me, to see him, this morning.
7. Anton : Are you free this evening?
Tony : Why?
Anton : What about going to the school yard. I want to watch the football match.
Tony : … I have to go to Rina’s house to return her math book that I borrowed.
a. That sounds nice
b. You are very kind
c. I’m happy to hear that
d. I’m sorry, I can’t
8. Mario : Are you free this evening? Let’s go to Mona’s house.
Yayuk : I’m sorry, I can’t. I must help my mother to sew a dress.
Mario : Is your mother a dressmaker?
Yayuk : Yes. I … help her.
Mario : I’m sure that you will be a good dressmaker later.
Yayuk : I hope so.
c. hardly ever
9. A: What did the museum guide do?
B: He … us very beautiful things.
c. is showing
d. will show
10. Mr. Martha : What can I have for dinner?
Waitress : Here is the menu.
Mr. Martha : Well, I want a complete … this time.
11. Alan : Hi, Dewi. What are there in your purse?
Dewi : Just some ….
12. Mrs. Any : Where do you want to work, Ersi?
Ersi : ….
Mrs. Any : Why?
Ersi : Because I have a relative there.
a. I think
is easy to get a job Jakarta
b. I’d like to work in
c. I don’t care where I can get a job
d. I think I can work anywhere
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 13 – 15
Djoko Tri Wilarto was very busy last week. He wrote some letters for his parents and friends on Monday. On Tuesday he visited Retu Praditya’s school. He played tennis for two hours there. Retu Praditya is his friend.
In the evening he went to the sport shop. He bought a new tennis racket. Then he played tennis again the whole day on Wednesday.
He stayed home in the evening. He was very tired. Then he spoke to his parents on the phone.
On Thursday he watched the football match on television. All the weekend he visited his brother’s badminton club at Jalan Angsana I.
13. When did Djoko Tri Wilarto write the letters?
a. On Wednesday.
b. In the evening
c. On Monday.
d. Last week.
14. The text tells you about Djoko Tri Wilarto’s … last week.
15. Why did Djoko go to the sport shop in that evening?
a. Retu Praditya asked him to.
b. His brother wanted to meet him there.
c. He wanted to buy a new tennis racket.
d. He saw his friend working there.
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 16
One day Sandra Dewi fell sick in the middle of the English lesson. All the students did writing tasks. Suddenly Sandra Dewi vomited. All other students stopped writing. Mrs. Lidia helped her immediately. The chairman of the class, Djoko Tri Wilarto sent for the school’s doctor.
In five minutes the doctor come, he examined her carefully. He examined her eyes. He felt her stomach. He listened to her heart beat. He measured her blood pressure. Then he took her temperature.
“I’m afraid she suffers from malaria. Her temperature is very high. That is why she vomited. She has a very bad cough, too. I’ll give her some pills for her malaria, some tablets for her fever, and syrup for her cough. She needs a week’s rest” said the doctor.
16. The main idea of the third paragraph is ….
a. Sandra Dewi got malaria.
b. Sandra Dewi felt sick.
c. Sandra Dewi had bad cough.
d. Sandra Dewi was hospitalized.
17. Ade : How does Mr. Ardiansyah sew the clothes?
Tri : He always sews his customer’s clothes ….
Ade : That’s why all people like him
18. Mrs. Karim : I don’t see your medicine here, Heny.
Heny : I … it, Mom.
Mrs. Karim : That’s good.
a. will take
b. have taken
c. am taking
19. Alif : Oh, visiting time is over.
I have to leave now.
Rani : Thanks so much for your visit.
Alif : You’re welcome. I hope you get … soon.
20. Hadi : Do you plan to live in this big town?
Manto : I’ve never lived in such a … town before.
But I’ll try.
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 21 – 25
The Sheraton Media Hotel & Towers,
features a special event entitled Hollywood Night with Shakila. X pin Band and
One Vision Band will play with Shakila. Not only the two bands but also Dive
Models International that will present entertainment. The dive will present
Carend Delano’s Coleections in style of celebrities. Jakarta
The event will be held on
May the tenth, 2000 from The ticket is Rp. 60.000,- each person. It includes a glass of
soft drink. The guests can get the ticket at Sheraton Media.
The guests should dress up as their
favorite stars. One will get the grand prize if she or he wins. The guests can
also meet someone resembling Charlie Chaplin, Chouw Yun Fat, Marilyn Monroe,
Bill Cosby, Antonio Bandero, Mr. Bean, and others.
Further information, please contact (021) 626-3001 ext. 4413 or fax (021) 626-3011 Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya no. 3
21. What is the purpose of the event in the hotel?
a. To entertainment the guests
b. To recognize the bands
c. To get more employees
d. To celebrate the anniversary
22. Paragraph three tells us that ….
a. no people are allowed to attend without paying
b. every guest can get prize for coming
c. the guests seem to be rich people
d. they will meet the ghost of Charlie Chaplin
23. Who is Shakila?
a. A manequeen
b. A singer
c. A band player
d. A guest
24. Who is Carend Delano?
a. The hotel owner
b. The band leader
c. The clothes collection owner
d. The famous manequeen
25. It will present collections in style of celebrities.
The underlined word has the same meaning as ….
a. unknown persons
b. people come to parties
c. busy people
d. famous persons
26. Andi : I’m tired waiting for you.
Reza : I am sorry … have you been here?
Andi : More than an hour.
a. How far
b. How soon
c. How long
d. How many times
27. Rian meets Kiki on his way home from school.
Rian : Hi, Kiki, is it right that you’ll take part in a big show.
Kiki : That’s right.
Rian : I … you’ll be successful.
Kiki : Thanks.
28. According to … forecast, it is going to rain tonight
a. the temperature
b. the weather
c. the climate
d. the season
29. A girl : Mother, will you allow me to match “Dewa Band” at the Center Hall, please?
Mother : … But after you’ve finished your work.
a. No, you may not
b. No, you will not
c. Yes, I’ll see it
d. Yes, you may
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 30 – 33
Last week Djoko Tri Wilarto and Tri Evan visited Djoko Tri Wilarto’s grandfather, who lives in small village at the foot of a mountain. They had a short conversation in the back yard just after breakfast. Then they went to see the beautiful scenery around the countryside by bike.
Tri Evan : Does your grandpa live alone?
Djoko Tri Wilarto : Yes, he does. He’s alright. His neighbours often help him. People in the country help one another, you know.
Tri Evan : No wonder, he finds no problems living alone. Look at the ducks.
They look happy
Djoko Tri Wilarto : Yes, Grandpa likes them very much. They often lay eggs.
Tri Evan : So he does not need to buy eggs.
Djoko Tri Wilarto : No. They help him, you know.
Tri Evan : What other animals can we find here?
Djoko Tri Wilarto : Goats, cows, horses, hens, cocks, geese, frogs, fish, birds, and lizards for example.
Tri Evan : So this area is rich. It’s as rich as a zoo.
Djoko Tri Wilarto : Yes, do you want to see around?
Tri Evan : Sure. I want to see more of this area. Can we go around by bike?
Djoko Tri Wilarto : Yes. Let’s go now.
30. The main idea that tells Djoko Tri Wilarto and Tri Evan’s visit to Djoko’s grandfather in the village is found in paragraph ….
31. How did Djoko Wilarto and Tri Evan go around the country?
a. By cart.
b. By bicycle.
c. On foot.
d. On horseback.
32. Why did Tri Evan think that the country is as rich as a zoo?
a. He saw many kinds of animals there.
b. He has never visited the zoo beforehand.
c. All kinds of animals are kept well there.
d. All the animals in zoos can live well there.
33. “They often lay eggs.”
The synonym of the underlined word is ….
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 34 – 35
Ayu : Janet, what do you think of the Javanese … (34) ceremony?
Janet : It was very interesting. I really enjoyed watching it. the bride and the … (35) wore very beautiful costumes.
34. a. bathing
35. a. bridegroom
36. Rearrange these sentences into a good commentary on an event in the SEA Games!
1. She takes up her track on the ice for her free programme.
2. At present she is lying in the second place.
3. At last, the one that everybody is waiting for!
4. Oh, Oh! Look, what a magnificent starts.
5. There is a hush through this Chiang Mai Stadium as the spectators waits expectantly for the Malaysian, Hasnah Ibrahim.
6. This girl is clearly out on the ice to entertain.
a. 3 – 1 – 6 – 4 – 2 – 5
b. 3 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 2 – 1
c. 3 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 4 – 6
d. 3 – 4 – 6 – 1 – 2 – 5
37. Dewi : Do you like listening to music from the radio?
Leni : Yes, I do. I listen to music every night. It not only gives us pleasure … makes us relaxed.
d. but also
38. Dina : Sooner or later rate animals will disappear from our forests.
Tari : … I think the government has to make greater efforts to save them.
a. That’s wrong
b. I’m very pleased
c. I don’t think so
d. That’s bad news
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 39 – 41
Hafidz : Have you been to
Fauzan : No, I haven’t. Have you?
Hafidz : Yes, I went there last week. I was there only for a week.
Fauzan : What places did you visit?
Hafidz : Many! We visited Celuk, the place of gold and silver work; Mas, the place of wood carvings and Ubud, the place of paintings, we also enjoyed the unusual rock carving from the 11th century at Bedugul, Batur lake, and the mountain in Kintamani. We also visited some temples like Tampak Siring, Bangli, Pura Besakih. When we continued to Sangeh, one of the monkeys living there took my father’s hat. We also enjoyed the beaches, Sanur and Kuta.
Fauzan : How did you go to
Hafidz : By plane.
Fauzan : By plane? Wow! and where did you stay?
Hafidz : in a hotel.
Fauzan : Did you take any picture?
Hafidz : Of course. I brought my camera.
Fauzan : Your guitar?
Hafidz : No. it was broken at that time.
39. What did Hafidz enjoy in Mas?
b. Wood carvings
c. Unusual rock carvings
d. Gold and silver works
40. How much money did Hafidz’s father spend for the trip?
a. A little.
b. Not much.
c. A lot.
41. X: What did Hafidz bring to
Bali besides some clothes?
Y: He brought ….
a. a camera
b. a guitar
c. some pictures
d. some hats
42. Evy : What’s the matter with you?
Rini : ….
Evy : Oh, just forget it. this is the economy class.
Rini : All right. Let’s stand up in that corner.
a. I think it is wonderful.
b. What a crowded cabin it is.
c. I really enjoy it.
d. How nice is it?
43. Retno : Have you ever come late to school?
Yono : No. I always leave my house early … I am never caught in a traffic jam.
44. Tania : I like the “Galaxy Radio” very much. The programs are very interesting.
Vira : I know, it is good, but the “Family radio” is …, I think.
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 45 – 48
A newspaper is a paper printed and sold to the public usually daily or weekly. It contains news, notices, advertisements, etc.
A large daily newspaper contains a variety of information. It gives information about foreign, national, and local affairs. Newspaper writers report developments in sports, society, finance, science, religion, education, and agriculture.
The editor is a person who is responsible for the publishing of the newspaper. He decides what should be printed, corrects mistakes, and decides how the material should be arranged. A newspaper editor sometimes writes articles which are called editorials. He gives his opinion about the news in the editorial.
The news department gathers and edits the news. The head of the news department is the managing editor. Under him are the city editor, news editor, telegraph or wire editor and chiefs of the various departments or sections.
The main source of income for most newspaper is commercial advertising. Therefore, advertising usually fills about 50 up to 70 percent of a newspapers space.
45. The text above tells us about ….
a. the price of a newspaper
b. the editor of a newspaper
c. the importance of a newspaper for people
d. the contents and other things related to a newspaper
46. An editor ….
a. only edits the news
b. sometimes writes about his opinions
c. works in the city department
d. publishes a newspaper
47. From the text above we know that the editor’s work is ….
b. not easy
d. not complicated
48. “A large daily newspaper contains a variety of information” (paragraph 2).
The underlined word means ….
c. a small number
d. many kinds
49. Arrange these sentences into a good paragraph!
(1) Another form of radio is radar which is used to locate all kinds of objects, usually in airports.
(2) Armies also use short wave radio to communicate their activities.
(3) A radiogram is used to transmite radio waves for sending news.
(4) Radio is a means of communication.
(5) The most common is commercial broadcasting radio.
(6) It plays a very important role in many aspects of our lives, daily life, sending news, in airport, and in army.
The best arrangement of the paragraph is ….
a. 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 – 6 – 5
b. 4 – 6 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 5
c. 4 – 5 – 6 – 1 – 2 – 3
d. 4 – 6 – 5 – 3 – 1 – 2
50. Yeni : It is the biggest flower in the Botanical Garden.
Dave : Is it?
Yeni : Yes, it is. Its name is Raflesia Arnoldi. It’s very interesting.
… everyone wants to see it.
a. I’m sure
b. I’m afraid
c. I’m not certain
d. I don’t think that
Forest guard : This is
a nature reserve. Don’t shoot animals in this area.
Hunter 1 : I see. I’m sorry. I won’t do that anymore.
Hunter 2 : ….
a. Either will I
b. Neither will I
c. I will too
d. So will I
52. Arrange these sentences to be a good paragraph.
1. There is also a temple of the “Mengwi” Kingdom that stands in the centre of a pond.
2. It is located in Mengwi,
” is quite interesting
to visit. Taman Ayun Botanical Garden
4. More than 300 species of rare plants have been planted there.
a. 3 – 2 – 4 – 1
b. 3 – 4 –1 – 2
c. 2 – 3 – 4 – 1
d. 3 – 2 – 1 – 4
Bacaan untuk soal nomor 53 – 56
The world is divided into two main parts. The difference is that one part is rich and the other is poor. In the poor part, a lot of people never get enough food to eat. In the rich part a lot of people eat too much. In one part, children starve and in the other, a lot of people get fatter and fatter and have to go on diets, or do special exercise in order to lose weight.
The poorer countries are called “the developing countries. They have special problems. Sometimes the land is too poor to grow anything on. The land can be improved but a lot of things must be done first. New farming method must be introduced. The people must be educated. Water must be found.
53. What does the second paragraph talk about?
a. The new farming method.
b. The growth of the poorer countries.
c. The developing countries and their land.
d. The problems of the developing countries.
54. Which statement is not right according to the text?
a. The poorer countries need no new farming method.
b. A lot of people suffer from lack of food.
c. Many fat people in the rich country have to lose weight.
d. There are a lot of people in the rich country who eat too much.
55. What is the land in poor countries like?
56. “The land can be improved but a lot of things …” (paragraph 2)
What does the underlined phrase mean?
a. A few
57. Dhea : Did you come to Andi’s birthday party?
Anto : Yes, I did. There were many people there … it rained hard.
58. Andi : People may not cut down trees in the forest carelessly. Why, Sir?
Mr. Boan : Well, if we don’t protect our forests, we … them.
a. would lose
b. will lose
Euro 2000, one of the biggest … (59) on earth besides the World Cup is about to begin. Football freaks everywhere will be performed in
teams. Who will … (60) in the mini World Cup?
59. a. shows
60. a. meet
1. Jawab: D
2. Jawab: A
3. Jawab: A
4. Jawab: A
5. Jawab: C
6. Jawab: A
7. Jawab: D
8. Jawab: D
9. Jawab: A
10. Jawab: B
11. Jawab: D
12. Jawab: B
13. Jawab: C
14. Jawab: C
15. Jawab: C
16. Jawab: B
17. Jawab: C
18. Jawab: B
19. Jawab: A
20. Jawab: B
21. Jawab: A
22. Jawab: C
23. Jawab: B
24. Jawab: C
25. Jawab: D
26. Jawab: C
27. Jawab: D
28. Jawab: B
29. Jawab: D
30. Jawab: D
31. Jawab: B
32. Jawab: A
33. Jawab: D
34. Jawab: B
35. Jawab: A
36. Jawab: B
37. Jawab: D
38. Jawab: D
39. Jawab: B
40. Jawab: C
41. Jawab: A
42. Jawab: B
43. Jawab: D
44. Jawab: C
45. Jawab: D
46. Jawab: B
47. Jawab: B
48. Jawab: D
49. Jawab: B
50. Jawab: A
51. Jawab: B
52. Jawab: D
53. Jawab: D
54. Jawab: A
55. Jawab: C
56. Jawab: B
57. Jawab: A
58. Jawab: B
59. Jawab: D
60. Jawab: B