Kisi-kisi try out Bhs inggris Kelas 9 SMP Semester 2 TA 2015/2016
NO ADMISSION TO UNCOMPANIED MINORS
1. What does the notice above mean?
B. Only a couple people may come in.
C. Young people under 18 years old can only come in if they are with an adult.
D. Young people under 17 years old cannot come in.
E. Only young people can come in.
2. Read the caution!
It is meant … the damaged street ahead.
A. to prohibit people to enter
B. to advice people to construct
C. to remind people not to walk along
D. to tell people to be careful if they take
Read the text and answer questions 3 and 4.
1. Uncle John felt … when he sent the card to David.
A. jealous C. pleased
B. furious D. scared
2. The purpose of the text is …
A. To show that Uncle John is an honest man.
B. To congratulate David on his new job
C. To ask David to change his job
D. To express dissatisfaction
Read the text and answer questions 5 and 6.
3. From the message above, we know that …
A. Dinda and Mira have to work together on their project.
B. Dinda’s grandma involves in the project.
C. Dinda and her grandma will meet Mira at the hospital.
D. Dinda expects Mira to stay in the hospital with her.
4. What is Dinda’s purpose to write such kind of message?
A. to tell about her sick grandma.
B. to give information about the delay of an activity.
C. to ask Mira to work on their project.
D. to persuade Mira to change the project.
Read the label and answer question 7 to 9.
5. The label is about … produced by Aki-Aki.
A. biscuit C. sandwich
B. chocolate D. wafer stick
6. Which one is not true based on the text above?
A. The food is free from cholesterol and dietary fiber.
B. It is dangerous to serve the food more than 30 g.
C. People may consume the food until April 2009.
D. The net weight per container is 400 g.
7. We can find this kind of text …
A. on the food racks
B. in the shopping list
C. at the information desk
D. at the container of the food
Read the text and answer questions 10 to 13.
8. Which part of Cendrawasih makes them very beautiful?
A. their eggs C. their chicks
B. their head D. their feathers
9. Which statement is incorrect about the bird?
A. Nowadays Cendrawasih is in danger of extinction.
B. The native of Papua like to wear the feathers of Cendrawasih.
C. The nests of Cendrawasih are built four to ten meters above the ground.
D. The Cendrawasih’s eggs turn into chicks after four weeks of incubator.
10. What does the text tell you about?
A. The bird called Cendrawasih
B. The fantastic birds of the world
C. The dense forest of west Papua
D. The brightly colored feathers
11. “Neither do they incubate the eggs nor rear the chicks” (paragraph 3)
The word “rear” is similar in meaning to …
A. bring forward C. look after
B. give out D. hatch out
12. What is Texas like according to Nowo?
A. boring C. confusing
B. exciting D. frightening
13. From the passage, we know that Johnson …
A. has two sister
B. accepts Nowo’s invitation
C. never invites Nowo
D. ever visited Nowo
14. “If you have something to do, …” (paragraph 2)
What does the word “you” in the sentence refer to?
A. Eva C. Johnson
B. Helen D. Johnson’s father
15. “I just need to confirm if this coming …” (paragraph 2)
What does the italic word mean?
A. to make sure
B. to show uncertainty
C. to get information
D. to deliver the news
Read the text and answer questions 18 to 21.
16. What is the story about?
A. A fox and his friend
B. A snake and the rabbit
C. A rabbit and his enemy
D. A fox and the rabbit
17. Paragraph 2 tells us that …
A. little rabbit was relieved
B. Rox saved a little rabbit’s life
C. a snake was afraid of the little rabbit
D. Rox looked very vicious to everyone
18. What was Rox doing when he saw the snake was going to eat the rabbit?
A. Frightening rabbit
B. Jumping on the snake
C. Drinking the river water
D. Sneaking behind the rabbit
19. “ … his face and style looked very vicious.” (Par. 3). What does the word vicious nearly mean?
A. Arrogant C. Greedy
B. Coward D. Cruel
Read the announcement and answer questions 22 to 24.
20. Which of the following statement is TRUE based on the text?
A. The journey to the museum will be done every Saturday morning.
B. The students who want to visit the museum should come on time.
C. All students must join free cooking class held in Room 12 next Saturday.
D. The school Earth Day celebration is done by cleaning some places.
21. When did the school begin to announce the information above?
A. May 24 C. July 25
B. June 1 D. July 27
22. “… or even reverse the damage we’ve done to this beloved earth.” (last sentence)
What does the word “damage” in the sentence mean?
A. injury C. destruction
B. hurt D. reparation
23. The lowest price of the T-shirts advertised above is …
A. $9.49 C. $1.89
B. $6.36 D. $1.27
24. Which of the following statements is not true based on the text?
A. The T-shirts are made of cotton.
B. The customer can get 80% discount.
C. The biggest size which is available is XXL.
D. The T-shirts are meant to be a gift for the customers.
25. How many sizes are offered to the customers?
A. Five C. Three
B. Four D. Two
Read the following text and answer questions 25 to 26.
26. How long does the wedding party?
A. two hours C. four hours
B. three hours D. five hours
27. Which are not true from the sentences below?
A. Ella and Rifki invite Maria and her couple to their wedding party.
B. The wedding party is held on Saturday 3rd July 2010.
C. The place of wedding party is in Menara Saidah floor 3.
D. The wedding party is not interesting.
28. What the text is about …
A. travelling C. tracking
B. shopping D. visiting
29. The guide told us to check our immigration …, such as passport, visa and exit permit.
A. papers C. records
B. letters D. document
30. What is paragraph three about?
A. Shopping in big towns.
B. Staying in famous place.
C. Visiting interesting place.
D. Eating in big restaurants.
31. “We enjoyed the two-week tour”.
The italic word has the same meaning as …
A. got bored with
B. got pleasure from
C. became addicted to
D. planned well became amazed at
For questions 34 to 36 fill in the blanks with the most suitable words!
Margarita lives at Baliem valley in Papua Province. Look at her house. It is called “Honai”. The wall is made of wood and the … (34) is made of ‘sali’, a kind of grass. Margarita’s skirt is made of ‘sali’, too. There are two floors inside the honai.
The first floor functions as the source of heat. Margarita’s father puts some firewood on the floor. It … (35) the house warm because the temperature is very cold. It is about 18˚C. There isn’t any furniture on the first floor. She sleeps with her sisters and her mother. She calls her ‘mama’. Her father and her brothers do not sleep in the same honai … (36) sleep in a bigger honai. It is near Margarita’s honai.
32. A. floor C. room
B. roof D. ceiling
35. A. looks C. keeps
B. seems D. happens
36. A. I C. He
B. We D. They
37. What is the material for the decoration in the procedure above?
A. grape juice C. fresh strawberries
B. lemon D. ice cube
38. What is the third step of the procedure above?
A. Input ice cube
B. Mix water lemon and orange
C. Add cut of fresh strawberries and apples
D. Pour soda drink, grapes juice
39. Serve them soon for 4 glasses.
The word printed in bold has the same meaning with …
A. make C. eat
B. dish up D. lay
40. What is the main purpose of the procedure above?
A. To inform the materials and the steps to make grape cruzz
B. To inform how to serve grape cruzz
C. To describe the taste of grape cruzz
D. To describe how to decorate grape cruzz
Read the text and answer questions 42 to 45.
41. What is the advantage of this plasma display technology?
A. It can produce a screen as the largest regular TV set.
B. It can consist of thousands of small cells.
C. It can contain xenon and neon gas.
D. It can produce ultra large screens.
42. … is lit individually making the image look good from almost every angle.
The word printed in bold means…
A. the position from which something is viewed
B. the direction for someone see
C. the place where someone watch
D. the time when someone see
43. The communicative purpose of this text is …
A. to share an amusing incident with others
B. to inform the readers the beauty of plasma TV or monitor.
C. to describe plasma TV or monitor
D. to persuade people to buy plasma TV monitor
44. Which of the following is TRUE according to the text?
A. Plasma TV can be hung on the wall.
B. Plasma TV produces very clean image.
C. Plasma TV and the largest regular TV are only 15 cm thick.
D. Plasma TV uses super thin materials.
The text is for questions 45 to 46.
45. Which qualification must all the teacher candidates have?
B. Education certificate
D. Good behavior and performance
46. What does the phrase ‘taking care of’ mean?
A. looking at C. Looking over
B. looking for D. Looking after
47. although – the journeys - good – well – run
1 2 3 4 5
was – the weather – not
6 7 8
A. 7 – 5 – 3 – 1 – 2 – 4 – 6 – 8
B. 2 – 5 – 8 – 3 – 1 – 7 – 6 – 4
C. 2 – 6 – 4 – 1 – 7 – 5 – 8 – 3
D. 7 – 6 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 8
48. take - they – and – do – a note
1 2 3 4 5
the experiment – in – the laboratory
6 7 8
A. 2 – 4 – 8 – 1 – 3 – 5 – 7 – 6
B. 2 – 5 – 8 – 3 – 1 – 7 – 6 – 4
C. 2 – 4 – 6 – 3 – 1 – 5 – 7 – 8
D. 7 – 6 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 8
49. 1. Last year heavy rain fell in some places in Indonesia and there were no trees to prevent the soil from being washed away by the rain.
2. Some youths realized why it happened and they asked other people to join them to replant trees in our forest.
3. But ten years ago, some irresponsible people cut down the trees.
4. Because of it, there were floods in many places and a lot of houses were damaged.
5. And it caused the forests to become bare of trees.
6. Many years ago, we had a lot of trees in our forest.
Which is the best arrangement of the sentences in order to make a good paragraph?
A. 6 – 5 – 3 – 1 – 4 – 2
B. 6 – 3 – 5 – 4 – 1 – 2
C. 6 – 3 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 4
D. 6 – 3 – 5 – 1 – 4 – 2
50. 1. In the end, the crow had no more cake because of her foolishness.
2. The crow was so proud to hear this.
3. One day a hungry fox was walking alone in the jungle.
4. As soon as she opened her beak, the cake fell down.
5. The crow had a piece of cake on her beak.
6. The cunning Fox caught the cake happily and ran away.
7. Then she started to open her beak to sing for the fox.
8. “Oh …beautiful Crow! You’re the best singer I’ve known in the world. I really want to hear your melodious voice. Please … Sing me song now!”
9. He saw a crow perch on a branch of a tree.
Which one is the best arrangement of the sentences above?
A. 3 – 5 – 2 – 8 – 4 – 9 – 1 – 7 – 6
B. 3 – 5 – 7 – 8 – 2 – 9 – 4 – 1 – 6
C. 3 – 8 – 2 – 5 – 9 – 7 – 6 – 4 – 1
D. 3 – 9 – 5 – 8 – 2 – 7 – 4 – 6 – 1