Soal Bahasa Inggris IX (9) SMP TA 2014/2015

 on Sunday, June 22, 2014  

I.Choose the correct answer by crossing (x) a, b, c, or d! 

Text 1. For numbers 1-8. 

I love dogs very much. I keep some dogs in my house. They are Casper, Midas, Brwonie and Dottie. Casper is a dachshund. He’s short with long body and four strong legs. Brwonie is a collie. She has long and thick fur. What color is her fur? Brown, of course that’s why I call her Brownie. Dottie is a Dalmatian. She has a slim body and four long legs. She has thin fur and dots all over her body. The last is Midas. He is a bulldog. He has a large head, a short neck and thick short legs. He’s very strong. I always take care of my dogs everyday.

1. What kind of text is the text above?
a. Recount                   c. Narrative
b. Descriptive              d. Report

2. The generic structure of the text is … .
a. description – identification
b. Identification – description
c. Orientation – events – Reorientation 
d. Reorientation – events – Orientation

3. ‘They are Casper, Midas, Brownie and Dottie’ . 
The sentence is the …. of the text.
a. Description              c. Identification
b. Orientation              d. Events

4. ‘ He’s short with long body and four strong legs’ 
The sentence is one of the ……… of the text.
a. Events                     c. Descriptions
b. Orientations            d. Identifications

5. How many dogs does the writer have?
a. 1                              c. 3
b. 2                              d. 4

6. What does Casper look like?
a. short with long body and strong legs
b. Brown, with long and thick fur
c. slim body, long legs
d. thin fur and dots

7. Why does the writer call the collie, Brownie? The writer calls the collie, Brownie 
because ….
a. she likes brownies               c. she has brown fur
b. she has brown ear                d. she like it

8. What kind of dog is Dottie? Dottie is a …
a. Dalmatian
b. Daschun
c. Bulldog
d. Collie

Text 2. For numbers 9-15

Last week, I and my dad went to a store. We went there to buy some candies. In the store, the candies looked so good. I would have bought a lot of them but my dad said I could only have three. I gave the store owner the money for the candies. As we left the store, I ate one of the candies. It was yummy. I hope we come back soon. 

9. What kind of text is the text above?
a. Report                     c. Narrative
b. Recount                   d. Descriptive

10. The generic structure of the text is … .
a. description – identification
b. Identification – description
c. Orientation – events – Reorientation 
d. Reorientation – events – Orientation

11. ‘Last week, I and my dad went to a store’. 
The sentence is the …. of the text.
a. Description
b. Orientation
c. Identification
d. Events

12. “I would have bought a lot of them but my dad said I could only have three. I gave the store owner the money for the candies. As we left the store, I ate one of the candies.”
The sentences is the … of the text
a. Description              c. Identification
b. Orientation              d. Events

13. Who went to the store?
a. I and                        c. the writer
b. my dad                    d. the writer and his dad.

14. Why did they want to go to the store?
a. The writer wanted some candies
b. The writer liked the candies
c. They knew the owner well
d. The candies looked good

15. What did the writer feel about the candies? The candies were … .
a. bad                          c. delicious
b. good                        d. the best candy

Text 3. 
For numbers 16-18

To: Brad PittHi, friends, I would like to invite you to my birthday Party.Place: Hotel NovotelDay/Date: Saturday, the 15th November 2008Time: 7.00 p.m. Be there and enjoy the fun in my 17th Birthday Party See you ……..! ( Nicole)
16. What kind of text is the text above?
a. Announcement c. Invitation
b. Descriptive d. Recount 
17. To whom is the invitation addressed?
a. Nicole c. Everybody
b. Brad Pitt d. Brad’s friends 
18. Who celebrates a birthday party?
. a. Nicole c. Everybody
b. Brad Pitt d. Brad’s friends

Text 4. For numbers 19-20 

SMP XAVERIUS MARIAVOLLEYBALL COMPETITION(for all classes)Due to the 63rd Independence Day Anniversary, there will be volleyball competition for all classes Day/Date:Monday – Wednesday, 12-14 August 2008.Time:8.00 a.m Each class must send two teams (boys team and girls team). Contact Mr. Van Basten to know more about the competition


19. What kind of text is the text above?
a. announcement                     c. Message
b. Invitation                            d. Memo

20. What is the function of the text?
a. To tell the students about the Independence day 
b. To make known the students about the Independence day
c. To invite the students to the 63rd Independence’s day anniversary
d. To announce that there will be volleyball competition due to the 63rd Independence 
Day anniversary

WRITING
Choose the correct answer!

Text 4. For numbers 21 – 25.

It (21)… my birthday party last week. My family (22) … .me a small party. I (23) …. my best friends to the party. There were about 15 people in the party (24) … . my parents, and my sister, Putri. It was great surprise that my uncle, Awang (25) … .come too. He works in a small company in Bengkulu, Sumatera.

21. a. is                        c. was
      b. are                     d were

22. a. give                    c. gives
      b. gave                   d. is giving

23. a. invite                 c. inviting
      b. invited               d. was inviting

24. a. include               c. included
      b. includes             d. including

25. a. can                     c. could
      b. may                   d. might

Text 5. For numbers 26-30

Today is my birthday. I usually have a big (26) ……. in my birthday. My (27) …. friends always come to my party.Today’s party is different from last year’s. I am having a (28)….. party than last year, with only my parents, my aunt, and my sister. There are seventeen candles. I am getting only a little (29)…. . It’s from my aunt, Diane. However I’m very (30) …. with my party.


26. a. party                  c. anniversary 
      b. ceremony           d. Celebration

27. a fine                     c. good
      b.well                    d better

28. a. large                   c. larger
      b. small                  d. smaller

29. a. souvenir             c. grant
      b. reward               d. gift

30. a. sad                     c. lucky
      b. sorry                  d. happy


For numbers 31-33. Arrange the jumble words into the correct sentence!

31. usually – I – my pets – feed – every Morning
1 2 3 4 5
a. 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 
b. 2 – 1 – 4 – 3 – 5
c. 3 – 4 – 1- 2 – 5 
d. 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 – 5

32. Raflesia Arnoldi – flower – in – the largest – is – the world 
1 2 3 4 5 6 
a. 4 – 2 – 5 – 1 – 3 – 6
b. 4 – 2 – 1 – 5 – 3 – 6
c. 4 – 2 – 3 – 6 – 5 – 1
d. 4 – 2 – 3 – 5 – 6 – 1

33. I and my family – for picnic – to Kaliurang – went – last month
1 2 3 4 5 
a. 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5
b. 1 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 2 
c. 1 – 5 – 2 – 4 – 3 
d. 1 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 5 

For Numbers 34-36. Choose the correct answer!!

34. Tomorrow, my aunt and my uncle ……. in Jakarta.
a. arrive                       c. arrived
b. arrives                      d. will arrive

35. We are going to have an important meeting with the owner of the hotel …. .
a. now                                     c. yesterday
b. at present                 d. the day after tomorrow

36. The school is going to send some children to the Mathematics competition ….
a. now                                     c. since this day
b. yesterday                 d. on the next December

II. ESSAY

 This text is for questions 1 to 3
            Once upon a time, a rabbit wanted to cross a river but he could not  swim. He had an idea. He saw a boss of crocodile swimming in the river. The   rabbit asked the boss of crocodile, “How many crocodile are there in the  river?” The boss of crocodile answered, “We are twenty here.” “Where are  they?” the rabbit asked for the second time. “What is it for?” the boss of  crocodile asked.
            “All of you are good, nice, gentle and kind, so I want to make a line in order. Later I will know how kind you are,” said the rabbit.then, the boss of the  crocodile called from one side to the other side of the river. Just then, the rabbit  started to count while jumping from one crocodile to another :  one…two…three….four…until twenty, and finally, he thanked all crocodile  because he had crossed the river.

1.   The story mainly tells us about ….
2.   We know from the first paragraph that the rabbit actually wanted .…
3.   All of you are good, nice,gentle,and kind….” (Paragraph 2)
      The underlined word is synonymous with .…
4.   Fritz           : Are you free today?
      Melati        : Yes, what’s up?
      Fritz           : Would you like to come with me to see the “Peterpan” show tonight ?
      Melati        : Thanks, I’d be delighted to. It’s my favorite band.
     
      What are the speakers going to do?...............

5.   Zaki           : Hi,dad, I will be late home because the committee will hold a meeting after class
      Father        : It’s okay but you must go straight home after the meeting
      Zaki           : Don’t worry, dad.
      Mother      : What did Zaki say?

      Father        : he said that she would be late home today.
      What is the most possible place where Zaki is talking to her father?..................
Soal Bahasa Inggris IX (9) SMP TA 2014/2015 4.5 5 Hand Sunday, June 22, 2014 I.Choose the correct answer by crossing (x) a, b, c, or d!  Text 1. For numbers 1-8.   I love dogs very much. I keep some dogs in ...


No comments:

Post a Comment